Barrel droop

well, the v-block clamp once tightened, should prevent the barrel from moving around in the receiver. I would periodically check on it to see if its loose, and make a set of witness marks on the barrel receiver connection to check for shifting.
The only time Ive seen a heavy barreled 10/22's barrel shift around was when it was used for hunting and was kicked around a bit. Using a steel v-block should help prevent this.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=17030/sku/10_22_V_Block

If you decide to bed it, that will help too, but Id rather have a match 10/22 free floated, so if you can help it, dont bed unless its for accuracy purposes.

You better post up some pics once youre done with them!

Bruno2

Active Fanatic
I will post pics. I have two kits from kidd customs. I got a couple of tacticool stocks from Boyd's gun stocks. They look like little McMillan stocks.

I ordered adjustable v-blocks for them. I am hoping that if there is any the v-blocks will adjust it out. I got the MOA receivers and they are threaded on the front where the barrel fits in. I don't have threaded barrels , but , according to the manufacturer these will fit both applications.

I dint recommend the MOA's b/c I got one that was extremely ugly and sent it back. That was an ordeal in its self.