Bing jumps on the bandwagon

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/0 ... ore-150423

The online ammo sale ban is becoming a moot point, as the second largest search engine available has just jumped on the bandwagon of bans. Bing now bans firearm, weapon, and ammunition related searches. Despite my searching I have yet to find a replacement search engine of comparability to either of these. In fact, many of the online search engines use aggregate results from these engines, and are not themselves an actual search engine. It's enough to make you wonder if it isn?t a deliberate attempt to deny you access to weapons and ammo by a nongovernmental unaccountable agency

So has anyone found a search engine that will actually sort the chaff from the wheat, because I don?t want to have to sift through a hundred message boards to find the one actual online seller in the results?

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
shopping.yahoo.com still works, or at least it turned up a couple of magazines and a brass collector when I did a search for FN PS90 just now.
also, duckduckgo.com didn't have too many non-relevant hits when I typed in 5.7 ammo. I think of the 30 results it showed only 4-5 were not to shops, and if I'd added something like order, buy or sale to the search terms it probably would have winnowed more of those out.

Choot-um

Well-Known Fanatic
Bing still works great for me. It even still gives me related searches that are right on subject.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
And the guns are back in the Google Shopping results from what I can tell, at least for now. I use some phone apps to look up prices for various things, but I would not be suprised in the least bit if they were driven by one of the big boys' database.

Bing is still showing this...
24a9a576.jpg

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
If this is Bing's new policy, it could be for political show, or it could be that they just haven't had time to implement it on existing content.

Either way, what's next? Blocking out searches on Glenn Beck, Mike Huckabee, oh and don't forget Uncle Ted!

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
i just tried ruger 10/22 under google shopping and as far as google is concerned it doesn't exist. when i tried 5.7 x 28mm i got some mags and a few reloading dies and snap caps, but n actual ammo or firearms. Nothing at all for any keltec products. is their an update i can get somewhere that brings them back?

Treedodger

Well-Known Fanatic
I have just started to bookmark anywhere with ammo or gun sites I prefer, but here is an ammo search engine i have used.

http://ammoseek.com/

As long as it remains legal they will not be able to stop searching for guns/ammo online. Their efforts to control searches will only result in additional niche search engines for guns and ammo croping up everywhere.

Frost - Is there any way to add some type of search function to this webiste for guns and ammo??

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
What search engines would we want to post? there are several mentioned in this thread

Pops

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
Yahoo's search engine is powered by google (AKA you search yahoo, yahoo searches google and shows you the results as thier "independent" results). most "search engines" do this these days

Treedodger

Well-Known Fanatic
Pops said:
What search engines would we want to post? there are several mentioned in this thread

Pops

I would like to suggest ammoseek.com.

I tried those mentioned here and some others as well and you could not narrow the search to specifically what you might be looking to buy. Ammoseek allows you to narrow search to caliber, grains, mfr, and even a keyword. It only brings back exactly what you're searching on and it seems to return the most web site options. It returns the websites sorted by price/round which is nice also. This is hands down the best ammo search engine I have ran across.

I have no affiliation with this website whatsoever, but have used them since they started back in early 2010 with good results.

http://ammoseek.com/

Latest posts