first 3 gun practice

chornet44

New Fanatic
its actually 4 gun, cause my buddy brought his hi-point carbine so we figured we would use it too. feel free to tell me what i can do better or different. this is just a little practice session i set up.

Youtube video

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Dude! The first thing Id do is loose the gym shorts. Lol!

If your going to run stage type scenarios. Treat them as a stage. You get one shot and that's it. When the camera guy is yelling pistol when u pick up the Rifle it tells me that your just having fun and not really trying to improve. You would probably better off doing drills with one gun at a time at that point.

On that Rifle portion If you need to or can go prone always go prone.

chornet44

New Fanatic
Dude! The first thing Id do is loose the gym shorts. Lol!

If your going to run stage type scenarios. Treat them as a stage. You get one shot and that's it. When the camera guy is yelling pistol when u pick up the Rifle it tells me that your just having fun and not really trying to improve. You would probably better off doing drills with one gun at a time at that point.

On that Rifle portion If you need to or can go prone always go prone.

yea we did alot of single gun drills and shotgun reloading drills before, as well as stage practice with only 3 competion guns. This was the last thing of the day and my buddy wanted to through in his high point carbine cause he just bought it, so before we packed up we did it. Your right i didnt put alot of thought into planning the run and it showed, but i knew i would never shoot that gun in competition. It just that this is the only stage that we recorded. here are the only other 2 vids from today, we did a few more drills but only recorded these.

shotgun load 4 after watching myself and then team noveske shotgun reload video i realized I need to grab the shells with two fingers with two fingers under so my thumb with reach the back of the shells to push them in. Should help me alot, thanks for posting that video.

BSA Drill (john)

your right about prone, i should have went sooner, the wind was strong, I did get all hits in that run except for 1 miss left on the 200 yard target.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Google Kurt Miller weak hand reloading. There is a good article out there, then practice and in a month read it again. As I practice I have a way of creating bad habits or adding wasted motion, each time I have read his article a bell goes off.

JTMaddox

Well-Known Fanatic
I envy having a place like that to shoot, looks like you could work on just about anything you wanted to out there...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Those drills look much better. Keep working on trigger control, target transitions, shooting then moving then shooting more, and a lot of shotgun loading.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Muzzel control? Most new shooters end up breaking the 180. Fro the video it looked as if your muzzel went 360, also it appeared as the camera guy was in front of you...

Latest posts