First Shooting Trip To New Indoor Range

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I went to the new indoor range-Quickshot- as a shooter.

I posted before about buying a membership, but, didn't have time for shooting then, So went back today.

Got there about 11:30. Signed in, presented my D.L. and was sent to the range. They remembered me from Saturday....

There are 8 ranges. They are 50 yards long. They are very well lite. Big change from another local range....

There is an Employee in the Range area at all times. He is a nice guy and he even commented on my groupings....heh heh heh...

He even sweeps the brass away from you feet all the time...

There are no tables and no shelves. What you carry in goes on the firing line with you...I kind of like not having to worry about some fool behind you dropping a loaded gun...

They even let me take my own targets in...But, they also sell targets. A young guy in the lane next to me had a new gun that miss-fired. The mamager came out and got the gun. He didlodged the bullet, then he and the gun owner went out of the range...

When I went out ready to leave, the Manager had (with owners permission) field stripped the gun and checked it all out. The young guy loved that....Now he knows how to tear his gun down...They finally deceided it was just a bad primer, so, the guy went back in to shoot...

All and all, I am very happy with the place...even though I headed to the bathroom instead og the range...not well marked as of yet...

Hope you all get a chance to check it out...

Steve

oceancoursecaddy

Active Fanatic
We joined and shot there today. The lighting was very good. Good ventilation, maybe once I noticed a little smoke in the air but nothing major. Staff was super friendly with someone constantly checking the range out. I enjoyed the target holder thingy because it wasnt a wire that allows the target to "dance" around. Its a solid "rail system". Place is a little bit on the smaller side but for what it is, it works well. Started talking to a guy that was shooting next to us...turns out it was Fordnut. I think the forum is gonna take over this place and make it our own :lol:

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Got to meet Oceancoursecaddy and his significant other at the range today...Love to see a lady with an AR...

I was wrong about the length of the range...It is 50 feet not 50 yards...

My Nephew and I shot about 250 rounds of 9mm and about 50 rounds of .45...

It is a great place that you don't have to drive 50 miles to get to. I have been there to shoot 2 times this week...I love it...

Steve

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
There is another thread here with all the info. But, it is $12,50 per person for the day...thru the week. On Sat. And Sunday, it is $12.50 per hour.

You can also rent guns from them...and buy ammo. Also the full up stuff is $30.00 rental plus ammo costs...

Steve

Here is a link to the other thread:http://www.palmettoshootersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4673

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like it's as great as I was hoping it would be :)
I plan on making it out there next week, maybe even later this week, and I hope to see some of you there.

Latest posts