Long weekend in Virginia

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
So, my family and I drove up to Virginia for the long weekend. I started out with my sidearm concealed as usual at our house in SC, and 5 hours later, I was at the welcome center in VA where I promptly administered the Virginia Tuck and carried on. It took until later on Sunday for anyone to even notice I was OC. At a gas station, I was standing next to the car waiting for $3.59 a gallon to add up.

Now, I've read a lot of reports of these comedic OC interactions with hand wringers, but this was my first. There are so many funny comebacks, but I never tried to memorize one to use. I was hoping something funny would just come out.

A gent from New Jersey lost control of his eye sockets, pointed sheepishly at my side and asked "Is that a gun?" My response: "I hope so, I put one in the holster this morning." It gave me a good chuckle as he drove away.

You will all be happy that I was not the victim of a first strike from a potential criminal.

Regulis7

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome! Gotta remember that line if I am ever posed with that question.

94formulabird

Well-Known Fanatic
I just got back from VA as well...spent the weekend at Comers Rock campground...went into town(Galax and Wytheville) and OC my pf9 and a
.44mag...not a lot of talk to me, except for the girl behind the counter at the Walmart sporting goods...we were walking to the lake and heard a young child yell to his parents that the people coming up here had guns...they kept
Their distance and looked like the were ready to leave but they would
Have had to walk by us...so we stood there...waiting to see if they would...then got bored and went to the truck...as we left they were heading to their vehicle and since my windows were down I waived and told them to have a nice day...figured they would think we were half decent people after that

Parhams0508

Well-Known Fanatic
The number one question I get where I work when they see my XD is: "Is that a REAL gun, or just a tazer?"

I tell them: "It sure is a real gun...with real bullets, too!"

Latest posts