Looking for RO's (workers) GSSF Match Oct 13 & 14 Charleston

Glockrunner

Well-Known Fanatic
Again, we're looking for friendly, safety conscious people to assist shooters through our Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) match. Our hope is that these competitors will enjoy the match and want to try other types of competition like USPSA, IDPA, NRA, Bianchi, and Steel Challenge, etc.

GSSF Matches are designed for people who have never competed before, as well as experienced shooters. They consist of 3 courses, the GLOCK "M", Five to GLOCK, and GLOCK the Plates. As a GSSF member they can shoot in any of 6 divisions
depending on the GLOCK model gun that they have.

GSSF matches are different from USPSA and IDPA matches in that you can come out and shoot any time between 9am ? 3pm on Saturday or 9am ? 2pm on Sunday. We don't do traditional squading like you will find at a USPSA or IDPA match
because our shooters don't all show up at one time.

RO Compensation
The first day you show up, you will be given a hat, a shirt, and a form to fill out that tells us who you are and what you want for your GLOCK Goodies. Goodies are gifts that we give you for helping at a match. Typical goodies are field knives, backpacks, bench mats, gun rugs, gun magazines, entries, etc. We mail these to you after the match. You get one goodie for each day you work to a maximum of two gifts. You will also be entered in a drawing for Glock Pistol certificates based on how many days you work. You get one entry into the drawing for each half day worked, so the more you work, the more entries you will have in the drawing. The drawing is held Sunday afternoon right after we have finished putting away our equipment and clearing the ranges. You do not need to be present to win.

If you are working a full day (both shifts), you will be given a lunch ticket by the PCG Match Coordinator for a free lunch. If you are on the setup crew Friday, lunch will be provided during setup.

Typical RO Day
ROs work in teams of 3 or more depending on the course(s) you are assigned to work. There will be an RO Orientation Saturday morning at 8:00am and Sunday morning at 8:15am to give out assignments, discuss GSSF rules and answer any
questions you may have. After the orientation, you will make sure your range is set up and begin running shooters. There will be GSSF experienced Range Officers on each course, so if you are new or inexperienced, have no fear, we
won't put you out there by yourself! We hope to have plenty of workers, so there should be time for breaks and lunch.

Please either contact Cyndi Bishop at: [email protected] or: Bob Temple at: [email protected]

We look forward to seeing you all again for another fun filled event this year!
And for the PGC members please remember this effort will result in you gettingworkday credits also.

Thank you,
Bob Temple

jbjoinerjr

Fanatic
This sounds like something I could be a part of. What do I need to do if i'm interested in assisting on at least one of the two days? I do not own Glock, nor am I a huge fan of the Glock style, however I do strongly believe in their service to the market. Im considered a small framed guy and glocks are a little too boxy & thick for me to conceal, thats really the only reason I dont care for them.

Anyway I like to participate in events like this and would be glad to help in any way possible. Please send me a private message or reply to post. Thanks

Glockrunner

Well-Known Fanatic
jbjoinerjr said:
This sounds like something I could be a part of. What do I need to do if i'm interested in assisting on at least one of the two days? I do not own Glock, nor am I a huge fan of the Glock style, however I do strongly believe in their service to the market. Im considered a small framed guy and glocks are a little too boxy & thick for me to conceal, thats really the only reason I dont care for them.

Anyway I like to participate in events like this and would be glad to help in any way possible. Please send me a private message or reply to post. Thanks

First thanks for expressing an interest and furthering the shooting sports.

Glock invites all classes of shooters from the, "I just purchased a Glock gun," to "Master Shooters." Families, kids, Mom & Dads too.

To simply answer your question, just show up Saturday and or Sunday morning just before 8 am at the Palmetto Gun Club and go to the Registration trailer. We will have a RO briefing for all the RO's and pair you with an experienced RO so please don't think we will put you out by yourself.

You don't have to even be a shooter to help, we have other jobs too that need filling. Much of the fun is actually working the shooting stages though if you like competition sports. We don't run, duck, and hide like in some shooting desciplines. so, some might find a GSSF match boring.

Also, sent Ms. Cyndi Bishop an email at: [email protected] OR me at: [email protected] explaining that you want to sign up as a RO for the 2012 GSSF Match at the Palmetto Gun Club. She/we will get you headed in the right direction.

Latest posts