M-16 qual range assistance

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
At my unit we go to the range up at Ft Jackson a couple times a year. If you've been to an Army M-16 range qual, you know how it can go sometimes. Well, since I've been in this unit (a year now), I've been with them twice and the first time was a cluster-****, the second time was much better and I plan for our next trip in November to be a lot better. I always work as a safety so I can coach the shooters and it kills me seeing them adjust their front sights with the nails the unit provides. I have two sight tools but for the number of shooters, I can't help them all. I just wanted to see if any of you guys might have a spare or two with four prongs you could donate to the cause. We usually fire 60 to 80 soldiers at a time with eight to ten safety's. I gave my two to the unit and would like to build up the set to ten if possible.
So, if you can spare one, just shoot me a message.

Thanks,

Chris

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm an active duty drill sergeant at Ft. Jackson and we can't even get supply to buy those. I bought mine myself. What range are ya'll going to, and when? (Feel free to PM that info to me) I can try to swing by if we're on Dixie/Wildcat that day.

Hope ya'll are up to date on OIC/RSO cards. Safety Shawn and his range control posse will get you.

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
Hooah!

Last time we stayed on Range 2 to zero and qual. Don't know yet for November. Hopefully we'll get a pop-up range this time, beer some kind of challenge. We are usually pretty straight with safety and Range Control. One of our AGR's was also a drill sergeant and he usually has the tower. His attitude on training is one of the reasons our ranges have improved.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Are you in the National Guard?

If so, your training NCO could check with Range Control at McCrady Training Center, I'm sure they could get Range 13 or 14 (SCARNG pop up qualification ranges) reserved pretty easily.

Latest posts