Nordic deticated 22 RF upper from the last group buy

Calamity Jake

Fanatic
Anyone having accuracy problems? Mine shot good(1" +/- at 50 yeards) for the first 200 rounds or so, now even after cleaning I'm lucky if I can get 2.5" at 50

I also posted this in the rifle section!!

dennishoddy

Mine is still dead on 2 years later, and a couple of thousand rounds, and I've only ran a bore snake through it a couple of times.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse will be a long shortly to help you out as he know more about Nordic Products than even the guys at the factory, but in the mean time check your barrel crown for burrs which will cause exactly what you are experiencing

Calamity Jake

Fanatic
Jesse will be a long shortly to help you out as he know more about Nordic Products than even the guys at the factory, but in the mean time check your barrel crown for burrs which will cause exactly what you are experiencing

It has a flash hidder on so I know there's no burrs. Anything else?

Thanks for the replies.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Maybe your feed ramp is causing scratches to the bullets as they enter the chamber. Might chamber a few and eject them to inspect.

Or your optic or mount may be loose.

Or your barrel might be loose.

Or your nerves are fried.

P.E. Kelley

Well-Known Fanatic
It has a flash hidder on so I know there's no burrs. Anything else?

Thanks for the replies.

In addition to Wormy D's input

Having a muzzle device protects from a physical bump and such…a cleaning rod and its method of use can
mess up a crown.

Many a top rimfire shooter leave the bore alone and only clean the chamber. And only then when needed.

Calamity Jake

Fanatic
Ok guys no flames here but I been shooting/cleaning guns for 30+ years, I don't mess up crowns, as a matter of fact I have fixed a few over the years.
No loose barrel or optics and why all of a sudden does it start deforming bullets if it is at all, I'll check and see.

Thanks again for all the input.

P.E. Kelley

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok guys no flames here but I been shooting/cleaning guns for 30+ years, I don't mess up crowns, as a matter of fact I have fixed a few over the years.
No loose barrel or optics and why all of a sudden does it start deforming bullets if it is at all, I'll check and see.

Thanks again for all the input.

Understood Jake.
Anyway, hope you find the culprit. Still could be optics (internal)

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
I fail to see how a flash hide precludes muzzle crown problems, but thats cool. The chamber end can also cause these problems as someone noted Where is Jesse as he is one of the best gunsmiths I know.