Why can't this happen to me?

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
http://idle.slashdot.org/story/12/08/09/1359201/man-orders-tv-on-amazon-gets-shipped-assault-rifle?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Slashdot%2Fslashdot+%28Slashdot%29

With my luck I'd just end up with a pair of panties our something

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Semi-automatic "assualt rifle" capable of mowing down anything?? Wo who wrote the a 15year old, who watches too much news?

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Assault rifles are capable of mowing down anything! Don't you watch the news?

a lot of our local news has become much more gun"understanding" not neescarily friendly but not un friendly either. So they start reporting facts instead of libral media bs... not all of them but more then usual.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Semi-automatic "assualt rifle" capable of mowing down anything?? Wo who wrote the a 15year old, who watches too much news?

Probably a military reviewer from the 1960s. Did you see that article in Rifleman earlier this year, the one about the adoption of the M16? They ran an original series of articles in that issue from when it was adopted, and one of them claimed that one shot from an M16 would blow a man's head clean off! It also said the same thing about shooting off arms. It was sad in it's pitiful dishonesty.

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
I saw this too. I dont understand how the media thinks law abiding citizens, the military and law enforcement are supposed to get their guns. maybe they think santa( I wish santa brought me guns) or a gun delivery service would be better than ups or fed ex. they get all bent out of shape when a gun gets delivered to the wrong address as if its a big deal when you consider other problems involving arms shipments! I'm willing to bet they dont know that nuclear weapons are moved on interstate highways in tractor trailors right through the oklahoma city area too. considering I40 and I35 intersect here and the main facility for the US nuclear weapons production is just outside of amarillo meaning multiple nukes pass through okc every month. Not too mention nuclear weapons that have litterally fallen off a military aircraft and ships that are just left at the bottom of the ocean and the media is worried about 1 rifle ending up at the wrong address?