AMMO PATROL

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
US tactical supply is listed as the only place that has 300 blackout.

75 cents/rd $15/20

gun-deals.com User-Submitted Gun & Ammunition Deals

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
please tell me you guys arent paying those prices.

when they , if they come back, PSA had 6000 223 projectiles for $500. doesnt help if you dont reload, i know.

well, i just checked gun deals dot com (and ammo). 51 then 68 cents are the cheapest. BUT academy and walmart arent listed anymore.

i must be way out of the loop. all ive been buying is 762x39. i had $25 in my pocket and got 4 boxes again. steel but thats $300/1000 plus tax.

a guy had a u tube about how to see what walmart is getting in. walmart changed their web page so you cant anymore.

I'm not paying that much but it's 70 cents a round versus $1 plus...and it's available. I know it's about twice as much as it *used* to be (35 cents a round) but if you want to shoot now and need ammo...you gotta do what you gotta do.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
11b, kile i said, im out of touch. havent bought anything new lately, except a deal i got at walmart.

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
East Coast Guns posted on Facebook that they have ammo but hadn't broke it down to see what caliber yet. Also said the got a PMR-30 in, may have to go get a look at it since I know I can't afford it.

kg4kpg

Well-Known Fanatic
So, ammo prices improving at home yet? I haven't got to look here in Missouri yet but plan too next week when I get a break. The PX on base here now sells hand guns and rifles. Lots of AR's to choose from, all over $1000 plus a nice FN SCAR for 2800.00. I don't know if that is a good price but it sure us purdy.

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
Stopped by Academy tonight for 2 boxes of .22LR and 1 box of 5.56 55 gr. -all Winchester. Have to get it when I can. Prices were about pre-panic level.
Glad my wife was with me to get the second box of .22. :)
They actually had plenty of both.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
last time my wife and i stopped at Academy a guy said just go to a different cashier to get more ammo.

we each got a box of 762x39, put it in the car, went back in and he, smiling, gave us 2 more that we took to a different register.

just depends how hardline people want to be.

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
Academy in Greenville has relaxed the ammo purchase limits. Two boxes per caliber and up to 7 calibers. They had plenty in stock last night, even two brands of .22LR at $2.29 and $2.99 per box of 50.
They are gradually moving some ammo back to the gun department.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
bilall said:
Academy in Greenville has relaxed the ammo purchase limits. Two boxes per caliber and up to 7 calibers. They had plenty in stock last night, even two brands of .22LR at $2.29 and $2.99 per box of 50.
They are gradually moving some ammo back to the gun department.
Because PSA is open next door.

Lupinus

Well-Known Fanatic
Academy in Anderson has a decent amount of handgun ammo hidden up front at the CS lane.

Picked up some Monarch steel cased 115gr 9mm for 10.99 a box and they had a good bit more. Good bit of 40S&W and 45 also, plinking FMJ but I honestly didn't look to closely as I was hunting the elusive 9mm.

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
Speaking of the new PSA in Greenville...

Was there this morning. A really nice store and very well stocked. They had a decent variety of 9mm at okay prices (relatively speaking) with 100 round packs for $35.00. I don't remember the brand as my wife was calling telling me to find the nearest door and exit the building :lol: . Sad that .35 cents a round for 9mm is decent these days.

They had cases upon stacked cases of CCI .22LR standard velocity for $5.49 per 50 box, endless shotgun ammo, and a fairly well stocked ammo isle although it was standing room only trying to walk through it. Heck, could be stripped by now.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Neither will Wal-Mart but folks buy ammo there when they can.

I have nothing against supporting forum sponsors (Hi! P1 and HHB) but the ammo patrol thread is just about what is where and when. No endorsements really.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
I think we could rename this thread "CHEAP AND NOW AMMO PATROL" since that's what it's mostly tracking. We all know we can put in orders, we can get the good stuff, and we can reload. But if I want to grab a couple boxes to dump down the range, this is the place to find out where. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this site (or any) should only publish news about our sponsors. And I'm not the only one who hates giving business to Walmart, buying Chinese imports, etc... but I still do. Change the world at the ballot box!

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
Was told by a co-worker that Walmart in west ashley has LOTS in stock. I've been there a few times in the past couple of weeks and shelves are always empty in their glass case so I walk on by.

Come to find out the case is broken and the ammo is behind the counter.....you have to ask for it. People don't know this, and once the case is seen empty most people walk on by.