Changing my SC Resident to Non Resident

sc1911cwp

Well-Known Fanatic
Best bet is to call SLED. I would think it has more to do with your legal residence.

throttleup

Active Fanatic
If you want to, you can convert your SC resident CWP to a non-resident CWP. After you get your NC Drivers License, your SC CWP is no longer valid. You need to reapply to SLED with a new application. You must include the non-resident form that you need signed by the tax assessor, showing that you do pay real property tax in South Carolina. You will not be allowed to carry concealed in NC though, until you take the NC CPL course. Really though, just get the NC license since it is recognized in SC. No need to spend that extra $50.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
throttleup said:
If you want to, you can convert your SC resident CWP to a non-resident CWP. After you get your NC Drivers License, your SC CWP is no longer valid. You need to reapply to SLED with a new application. You must include the non-resident form that you need signed by the tax assessor, showing that you do pay real property tax in South Carolina. You will not be allowed to carry concealed in NC though, until you take the NC CPL course. Really though, just get the NC license since it is recognized in SC. No need to spend that extra $50.

+1. I wouldn't bother calling SLED for information. Anything they tell you is not binding, nor can it save you if they tell you the wrong thing.