MAIG Alert:Charleston

bambamcliffy

Fanatic
i hope everyone in Charleston is aware that your mayor Joseph Riley is a member of nanny mike's anti-gun group illegal mayors against guns. if you want to keep the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, please vote his sorry ass out of office. south carolinians don't need garbage like this in any form of government here. :eek: :twisted:

jisuho

Well-Known Fanatic
Supposedly, this is Riley's last term. He has stated he will not run for another one.

But remember who said it. He is a politcian and you know how to tell when a politician is lying, right?

Their lips are moving.

j :lol:

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't think it will make any difference who ends up as the mayor after the next election. The City is too Democratic and I doubt any Republican pro gunner has any chance. The County areas of Charleston County would be where the pro gun supporters would vote, and they can't vote in the city elections. Even our Republican State Senator from here does not appear to be strongly pro gun.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Columbia and Sumter are the same.

All three cities are bastions of the Free **** Army Democrat-plantation welfare leeches. Look at the demographics and election results.

Good thing SC has pretty good pre-emption.

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't forget who ran against Mark Sanford for the Congressional seat from this district, which includes both city of Charleston and rural Charleston, Dorchester and Berkley Counties. Elizabeth (I think?) Colbert, comedian Steven Colbert's sister who is a Charleston native and staunch Democrat. It was a relatively close election with the city vote going strongly for her. The only thing that gave Sanford the win was the rural votes in the rest of the district because he certainly didn't stand a chance in the city. No matter who wins the next city election, I don't see the anti gun sentiment decreasing here locally. The local range I shoot at just happens to be in an unincorporated area, which by default makes it a part of the county and not the city, even though there are several surrounding areas that have been annexed into the city over the past 30 years or so. A while back a local grocery chain closed down and they vacated a rather large store not too far from the range building. I mentioned it to the manager at the range and told him I thought he ought to go check out the store to relocate the range. Currently the range has only 8 lanes, the vacant store location could hold 30-40 lanes. Anyhow he thought about it and then said, "forget that, it's in the city and Riley has that locked down. The only reason we can operate here is because we are in the county." So in this "city" they don't allow shooting ranges by local ordinance. I wasn't aware of that previously but it just shows you how anti the local city politicians are.

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
It has to be in city limits....if that's the one he's referring to. Sounds like it, being 8 lanes and all.

The building he's referring to is right up the road from me, I assume, the Piggly Wiggly at Pierpont Drive and HWY 61.

As we passed it the other day, i remarked on how great it would be to turn it into a range. The whole shopping center is abandoned with the exception of a Chinese food place.

RK3369

Well-Known Fanatic
I use Quickshot, and that is in the county according to the manager. The Piggly Wiggly I suggested he check out is the one that closed down by Northbridge. That one is in the city, according to him. The old one over in Pierpont probably needs so many repairs it wouldn't be worth the investment. I'm pretty sure the Quickshot is in the county anyhow, because I had a boat trailer in a storage lot just a short distance down 61 and right on Wapoo Road and the trailer was stolen out of the lot a couple years ago. When I called the city police to report it, they asked about the address and told me I had to call the County Sheriff because it was in the county, not the city. The lot is within a half mile of Quickshot around the backside of the property. I'm not surprised that Quickshot is in the county, not the city as the manager stated.

I just took a look at the city tax map system, and that lot that Quickshot is on is not annexed to the city, so it is part of the County. Not sure what IIRC is or where it is.