PSA 9MM uppers/kits

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
It is ALIVE !!!

Got the magblock from PSA, dropped it in yesterday. I went down to quickshot today, and spent @ a 1/2 hour on the range. Out of 225 rds, I only had three Fail To Feed. All rounds went to point of aim, and it was the best shooting I've ever done with an AR. So as far as my issues are concerned, they were all me. If you go with the PSA 9mm upper get their magblock, I'm now a very pleased individual. The Failure To Feed isssue was with mag spring tension, which I think I can work out as I use the mags. In short FRANKENRIFLE lives, and it is HUNGRY!

New Frontier Armory lower- PSA Upper and magblock- Blackhawk forearm rail- Monstrum Tactical carry handle- 2 metalform mags.

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
I put a slidefire on it today. Not having too much luck with that, seems to work when it wants to. I'm using 115gr. FMJ, I think this is my first problem. 2nd, should I be using a different buffer? I'm using the heavy 9mm buffer. I only got 2 or 3 rd bursts with UMC ammo, then I switched to Federal Champion and then she woke up a bit. Any thoughts on minimum bullet weight and or buffers. I locked the stock back and shot regularly, and was a lot of fun to shoot, now just got to clean it all out before I get it out again. :D

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
I switched to 124 gr. after a good cleaning and now it works real good. The slidefire doesn't work too well if the rifle is dirty, but we all knew that one already. Now I just need to find some 147 gr and see how she does. I love this little rifle.