Reassembly problem with Tisas Nightstalker

Jolman

New Fanatic
My Nightstalker came with 6 pound trigger pull. I did a typical 1911 trigger job and got a 4 pond pull. My problem is that I am left handed and can't get the right side safety to seat.

The safety has a tab that fits into a slot in the frame for retention. I can't get the safety to seat and get tab into the slot. I tried with the hammer cocked and uncocked. I even took the left side safety out and still couldn't get the tab into the slot. Don't ask how I was able to remove the right side safety. I have no idea.IMG_1798.jpegIMG_1799.jpegIMG_1800.jpeg

seagiant

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi,
Never saw that before.

I'm left handed and have always used an ambi safety.

Maybe take it out and look at how it would have to go together, inside the frame. (play with it)

Some pics on the center section?

Call TISAS and talk to their Gunsmith?

uncommonsense

Fanatic
Can you put it in without the left side in, and then put the left side in after? I'm thinking (guessing) the right side goes in tab-first, then pivot pin, then left side.

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
My Nightstalker came with 6 pound trigger pull. I did a typical 1911 trigger job and got a 4 pond pull. My problem is that I am left handed and can't get the right side safety to seat.

The safety has a tab that fits into a slot in the frame for retention. I can't get the safety to seat and get tab into the slot. I tried with the hammer cocked and uncocked. I even took the left side safety out and still couldn't get the tab into the slot. Don't ask how I was able to remove the right side safety. I have no idea.View attachment 35788View attachment 35789View attachment 35790

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
Start with the hammer cocked. This is a must. Insert the right side safety first. Simply insert the right side safety allowing the long "body" of the safety to slip down through the slot in the frame. When inserting the left side safety, you will have to have both safeties lined up between "safe" and "fire" positions. This is something that has to be done both visually and by feel. The difficulty comes once they are lined up, engaging the plunger spring with the Left and right side safety in its final position.