Shootzenfest 2013

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Got home unloaded and John is cleaning Blackpowder firearms. I had a great time out there today. It is so good to see folks and meet new folks. I wish we could do this more often.
Steve: The Dogs were fantastic. Thank your wife. Who did the baked beans? Outstanding!
Pop and Frost: Keep up the good work. I love the shirts (Here Zombie Zombie Zombie)almost as much as my daughter does. I may have to see if Pops has a size for her.
Thanks to our sponsors. I'm going to have to start saving up for one of the WMA AR's or at least the upper and lower receivers. The AKs are beautiful for such an UGLY rifle. :D
Thanks Jeff. Precision One Ammo ROCKS. I had a dud Critical Defense round today but every Precision One round performed.

Dave

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
That black powder rifle with the two pound mini-ball was really kool it had quite the kick too.
Hopefully someone will post some video soon.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
That was awesome. Just wish I had left earlier to get there on time. :|

Somehow Tigerstripe managed to find me on I-26 despite leaving an hour before me and me stopping for dinner at the Cracker Barrel! (Country Fried Steak after shootzenfest = delicious!)

Sadly since I arrived so late I only got two videos. I did manage to capture the "mad minute" though :D (more like mad 1/20 minute)

jmt2566

Well-Known Fanatic
We had a great time as usual. Thanks to Clicker for once again hooking up Joshua with some full auto fun, I know that he had a blast! I also thought that the 30-06 and .223 single shot pistols were a blast, thanks so much for sharing those with us!

Already looking forward to Fall!

-Jeff

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a blast! Thanks for putting that together, would be awesome to do stuff like that more often. Wish we could have hung around for the handgun/rifle competition. I got the MVP dialed in and would have liked to see what I could do with it with the pressure on.

Got to put some rounds through the XDS finally, really like that little thing.

Thanks again!

GTrav

Well-Known Fanatic
Great time had by all.....again!!!
Thanks to Pops and Frost for putting this together!
Thanks to Fordnut for the miniature hot dogs (not!!) with all the trimmings!
Thanks to Clicker and his friends (M16maniac, HarperJT, Tigerstripe) for sharing their FA toys!!
Can't wait for the next one.
Thanks again to all that had a part in puttig this on!!

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Dave when you (or your son) lit off one of those BP rifles I thought a small cannon had been shot, it got my attention!

I agree the shirts are way cool - who comes up with these slogans? But hey why no date on them any more?

I can't get the thought of Mikes 45 acp bolt rifle out of my head, I look forward to it's progression and thanks for letting me sling a little lead with it. WMA's guns were sweet and it was nice to meet them and see another of our fine sponsors, P1, in attendance. BTW Jeff sorry I never got you set up with the HK pack, I got involved with the 300 Blackout. The sad thing is it was in the 53 and nobody was really shooting it.

Awesome to see everybody and thanks to Frost, Pops and Fordnut for all their efforts.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Great time was had. My buddy Keith enjoyed it too; look for him on the forum in the near future.

I always want to go to these things and shoot pixels as well as rifles. However, I am pretty sure not everybody would be OK with that and I don't plan on walking around asking folks to sign a photography release :)

Re: the .45ACP carbine... I guess I should put up a build thread on that. It has gotten plenty of interest. Sad to say I think it now only has about 5-6 rounds through it due to feeding problems.

I am also still conflicted about keeping the M76 or getting/building an AR10 DMR rifle. I'm pretty sure the AR10 is capable of greater accuracy, albeit perhaps at a penalty of frailty (compared to the AK-based M76). What do folks know about recoil management/accurizing the AK platform?

Latest posts