The list of Shame (places where concealed carry is banned)

Red Hat

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone else using Palmetto Bank? The now have semi proper signs at all entrances. I'm now looking for a new bank!

Placid

Active Fanatic
Re: The list of Shame (places where concealed carry is banne

Schultz said:
Two i can think of off the top of my head.

Westgate mall= Spartanburg
Haywood mall= Greenville

didn't double check to see if anyone else replied, but I havent seen the right signs posted for either mall, so they are a go...

-P

Red Hat

Well-Known Fanatic
You are correct Placid. Neither places have correct signage. Even if they did not all entrances are posted. All you would have to do is enter one of those entrances and you would good to go.

melloyello

Well-Known Fanatic
Summarization

Is there a way to post the list?
Compliant sign places, non-compliant places, and Pro CCW places too.

Reading this thread is rather lengthy...

It would also be nice to see when companies removed their No CW signs..

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
Summarization

melloyello said:
Is there a way to post the list?
Compliant sign places, non-compliant places, and Pro CCW places too.

Reading this thread is rather lengthy...

It would also be nice to see when companies removed their No CW signs..
ditto to that!!!

Also the Gun and Knife show does not allow you to carry!!!

Glockrunner

Well-Known Fanatic
This really hurts to have to post this one.

We have two Navy Federal Credit Unions in the Tri County area. One in North Charleston on Rivers Ave and one in Summerville off Berlin G. Myers Pkwy.

The picture I will post is from the Summerville location. It appears to be a legal size sign meeting the requirements of SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

NFCUCWPBan.jpg

The colors didn't come through but they are correct.

thehammer69

Well-Known Fanatic
Glockrunner said:

We have two Navy Federal Credit Unions in the Tri County area. One in North Charleston on Rivers Ave and one in Summerville off Berlin G. Myers Pkwy.

The picture I will post is from the Summerville location. It appears to be a legal size sign meeting the requirements of SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

I've been meaning to post this one. I do business at NFCU and it pains me that they have a legal sign. I spoke to the summerville manager about it and she claims that since they are "Navy FEDERAL", that they fall under the same rules as Federal buildings. I told her i do not believe that to be true. I also asked her if this was her local policy to enforce this or NFCU as a whole and she says it comes from NFCU policy.

and going back to the legal sign thing...I actually took a tape measure to the Summerville sign...only the bottom half of the sign falls into the height requirement while the top half sits above. I wonder how the courts would look at it if you carried there and got caught and cited? Would using the defense that the whole sign does not fall into the height requirement be a winnable defense??

thehammer69

Well-Known Fanatic
Rosea Carpa said:
But is the sight in the correct place on the door?

it doesn't have to be on the door...it has to be posted at the entrance...and it is....just to the left of the door

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words ?NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED? in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building?s entrance door.

Glockrunner

Well-Known Fanatic
thehammer69 said:
Glockrunner said:

I've been meaning to post this one. I do business at NFCU and it pains me that they have a legal sign. I spoke to the summerville manager about it and she claims that since they are "Navy FEDERAL", that they fall under the same rules as Federal buildings. I told her i do not believe that to be true. I also asked her if this was her local policy to enforce this or NFCU as a whole and she says it comes from NFCU policy.

and going back to the legal sign thing...I actually took a tape measure to the Summerville sign...only the bottom half of the sign falls into the height requirement while the top half sits above. I wonder how the courts would look at it if you carried there and got caught and cited? Would using the defense that the whole sign does not fall into the height requirement be a winnable defense??
I believe they would look at the intent.
The intent of the property owner was to legally post as was their right.
The intent of the permit holder was to purposely ignore the posting, being it is promanately posted closely to the letter of the law.

Just a guess.

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
thehammer69 said:
Rosea Carpa said:
But is the sight in the correct place on the door?

it doesn't have to be on the door...it has to be posted at the entrance...and it is....just to the left of the door

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words ?NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED? in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building?s entrance door.

Note number. 6. The sign does have a specific spot that it has to be in.

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
Law is black and white....... If it does not meet the requirements it is not a legal sign. Just like with the size of the sign and the size of the font used. These were put into the law for a reason. Now if you insist on carrying anyway you better be ready to fight that fight!

dhart68

New Fanatic
Re: The list of Shame (places where concealed carry is banne

lafayette gregory said:
It does not matter about our opinion. You should be asking the judge that will convict you. Or maybe ask the attorney who will defend you. Or maybe the cop that will come and arrest you in cuffs and confiscate your weapon. The bondsman who you will pay. Or the drunk in the tempeorary lockup. Or maybe you should ask another martyr, if it was worth it? Freightening socer moms ands their God fearin chilren is a tricky subject. :eek:

Easy answer-get netflicks. Unbuttered popcorn cooked 3 min ago is much better than chemically infused popcorn cooked 5 days ago. The Dollar General store has the same candy bars for .75 rather than $3.98. My soda cost $1.99 a six pack rather than 4.25 per cup. There are no snotty nosed kids or loud teenagers in my living room. In my living room the scenery is much better, especially when the wife puts on that lacy thingy :lol:

Totally agree, if they dont want me to carry in their establishment then I wont go in at all. I also agree about the popcorn, candy, and lacy thing :D

joenmell

Fanatic
thehammer69 said:
Glockrunner said:

Luckily any signs that are posted "compliant" or "not compliant" do not have jursidiction over my vehicle in the drive through lane :lol:

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
Luckily any signs that are posted "compliant" or "not compliant" do not have jursidiction over my vehicle in the drive through lane :lol:[/quote]

as long as its not the drive thru at school.