Waiting period

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
Avtomat-Acolyte said:
If you're shocked or taken aback by a law enforcement agency disregarding laws then I really have to question just what in the hell you've been doing since the 1860's, because it clearly isn't reading a newspaper.

Short of an order by the Governor or a defunding by the Legislature there is literally nothing that can or will be done. This is the United States.

That is why I suggest people document their experience, record evidence, and then file complaints with the governor's office, the agency's inspector general, and their elected representative.

If enough people do so, then legislators start looking into things. Most bureaucracies do not like legislative inquiries.

It also lays the groundwork for a lawsuit, eventually, if one needs to be brought or threatened to force the agency to comply.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
NavyNukeET said:
My permit showed up yesterday!

But... They have part of my address wrong. Instead of "STREET" it reads "STREETR".

Think this is an issue that needs to be addressed? (no pun) They spelled it correctly on the front of the mailing envelope. This is a "military" SC CWP rather than the typical style that looks like a SC drivers license.

You've discovered another area where SLED breaks the rules... Permits are supposed to be issued on Driver's License/Credit Card sized forms. The big non-resident permits look like they are assembled by a retarded monkey with a laminator and don't fit in a wallet. Remember, rules are just for the little people to follow.

As for the spelling error, I personally wouldn't worry about it. Your permit is only valid while you live in SC. You must surrender it when you get PCS orders to another state. By the time you get it straightened out you'll be ready to PCS. If it really bothers you, you can send a letter to the SLED folks asking for an address correction. I absolutely wouldn't send back your permit, and I would definitely carry on that permit.

NavyNukeET

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you know if I can apply for Utah or New Hampshire permits using this SC permit?

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
The appropriations act provides a little relief to those waiting for renewals:

62.22. (SLED: CWP Renewal and Replacement) A concealed weapons permit may not be suspended by a state official, agent, or employee supported by state funds if the permit holder has initiated a renewal or replacement application and the processing and issuance of a renewal or replacement permit is delayed for administrative reasons. A concealed weapons permit remains valid during the pendency of the renewal or replacement process so long as the application for replacement renewal is submitted prior to the expiration of the permit.

http://scstatehouse.gov/query.php?searc ... numrows=10

Now they just need to get their ass in gear for original issues permits.

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
Just checked the status of my wife's CWP. Application mailed on 3/26/13. Lady said info wasn't entered into system until 7/3/13. That makes expected receipt date of 10/3/13 OR LATER OF COURSE.

7 MONTHS? COME ON WHAT THE HELL!!! I can understand being backed up but holy hell, 4 months behind?

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Yup it's ridiculous. They have lots of excuses.

This sounds like a good time to complain to the head Sled dude as well as the governor.

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
PapaBear said:
Just checked the status of my wife's CWP. Application mailed on 3/26/13. Lady said info wasn't entered into system until 7/3/13. That makes expected receipt date of 10/3/13 OR LATER OF COURSE.

7 MONTHS? COME ON WHAT THE HELL!!! I can understand being backed up but holy hell, 4 months behind?

Contact your elected representative. SC makes it very easy with a web-based form.
http://www.scstatehouse.gov/

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
License arrived last week. Surprised the hell out of us lol. Maybe if you call and complain a little bit they push you to the top of the stack?

Jaybm

Fanatic
More updated ...

My renewal took 100 days.

My grandson and another friend still waiting for their original,
100 + days as of last weekend.

melloyello

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow, I got my renewal via US mail not online on 58 days (not business days).
Sent in my renewal beginning Jan. 2, this year and got it back before my expiration in March.

Cano

Well-Known Fanatic
TheSwampFox said:
It came in today. It was day 124. :roll:

She was very happy it finally came. Now I have some back up when we go places :D

Except dinner of course. :evil:

Ha ha
Lol

Rowe

Active Fanatic
mine arrived yesterday, I was jumping up and down like a little kid at the mailbox and my neighbors were looking at me funny :D took the class Sat Aug 3 and mailed it out the following Monday.