Yesterday's turnout, Guns Across America

wylie

Well-Known Fanatic
Guns across America yesterdays turnout in South Carolina. there are 269 cities towns in the state of South Carolina. and they estimated about 400 people turned out for guns across America in South Carolina at the capital. that would be less than two people per town. The people on the inside of the Capitol building looking out, would be saying that's it, are we trying to change and eliminate some of the restrictions and giving the people more gun rights in this state, just for that few people. Do you think the small turnout was just because people in this state don't think it could happen here losing rights, or are there just that few of us, do we live in a dream world thinking everybody is like us, ((if so unfortunately we're going to wake up out of this dream someday.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
Probably a combination of knowing that 1) non-violent protest accomplishes nothing and 2) the kinds of people that are concerned with their Rights are the kinds of people that have jobs and they were enjoying their Saturday with their families.

Next time advertise a rally for free iPhones, Food Stamps and How-To-Register-Your-Felon-Baby-Daddy-To-Vote. When 50,000 people show up, swap the banner to a 2nd Amendment one and call the news agencies to take pictures.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
non violent protest does nothing?

this was a NATIONWIDE attempt. it did nothing alright. worse than nothing. now o bammy knows there are no teeth.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
Avtomat-Acolyte said:
Probably a combination of knowing that 1) non-violent protest accomplishes nothing and 2) the kinds of people that are concerned with their Rights are the kinds of people that have jobs and they were enjoying their Saturday with their families.

Next time advertise a rally for free iPhones, Food Stamps and How-To-Register-Your-Felon-Baby-Daddy-To-Vote. When 50,000 people show up, swap the banner to a 2nd Amendment one and call the news agencies to take pictures.

i really dont think you understand.

next time do that? a joke is funny. this is serious.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
I really think I do understand and so does the President and the members of Congress. Ever since He was elected there has been a very large uptick in gun related sale. Since the re-election there was a short spurt again. The Connecticut shooting prompted the Comrade in Chief to run his mouth on tv and that prompted the Mad Dash we all saw. Many gun manufacturers are saying there is a TWO YEAR backorder on "assault rifles" that are designed to accept magazines with a capacity of 30 rounds or greater.

The FBI indexed more NCIC queries than previously in the history of the Universe. Check any gun forum and you will find many members that had to postpone their gun purchase because NCIC continues to be flooded with a deluge of queries and there aren't any available humans to take the calls.

This is an all-day, everyday phenomenon. The gun people notice it and as of last week the anti-gun people have taken notice. The President could have raped gun owners with his Executive Orders but, instead, he shot his load into a sock. 23 Executive Orders that have almost nothing to do with guns and don't affect anyone on here in the slightest. He passed the buck to Congress and likely knows all-to-well that Congress, according to both Democrats and Republicans, don't have the votes for any gun laws at all.

CNN is lamenting like it's a funeral.

Getting 1,000 people to stand in front of a building on a Saturday can't send the message that 50,000,000 have been sending for the past 30 days solid. When police departments are having to go on the news and complain about the lack of ammunition and guns and gun parts I think the message has been sent loud and clear.

Half a dozen states have bills to be introduced that will prohibit enforcement of Federal anti-gun laws. A dozen Sheriffs have held press conferences talking about their unwillingness to entertain new gun laws, including Charleston County's Sheriff.

There are more important things for people to do than slowly kill grass with their feet for a few hours.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
Sheep say "baaa" while they stand on grass doing nothing. Which one of us has done that recently?

thumbs.gif

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I feel that a lot more people would have been in Columbia Saturday.....If they would have known about it...

The few people here on the board and a few other places is not going to bring in a lot of people...

You can't just say..."O.K....Lets have a rally tomorrow" and it happens...

I talked to a few gun owners that knew nothing about any rallys...And, some of us do have lives to live...Just because I couldn't make it doesn't mean that the Liberals are going to take away our guns.....it just means that life got in my way that day...

There needs to be plans layed down and advertised...Let people know about a rally, so they can get their plans made early...then, and only then, will there be a turn-out...

Steve

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Avtomat-Acolyte said:
I really think I do understand and so does the President and the members of Congress. Ever since He was elected there has been a very large uptick in gun related sale. Since the re-election there was a short spurt again. The Connecticut shooting prompted the Comrade in Chief to run his mouth on tv and that prompted the Mad Dash we all saw. Many gun manufacturers are saying there is a TWO YEAR backorder on "assault rifles" that are designed to accept magazines with a capacity of 30 rounds or greater.

The FBI indexed more NCIC queries than previously in the history of the Universe. Check any gun forum and you will find many members that had to postpone their gun purchase because NCIC continues to be flooded with a deluge of queries and there aren't any available humans to take the calls.

This is an all-day, everyday phenomenon. The gun people notice it and as of last week the anti-gun people have taken notice. The President could have raped gun owners with his Executive Orders but, instead, he shot his load into a sock. 23 Executive Orders that have almost nothing to do with guns and don't affect anyone on here in the slightest. He passed the buck to Congress and likely knows all-to-well that Congress, according to both Democrats and Republicans, don't have the votes for any gun laws at all.

CNN is lamenting like it's a funeral.

Getting 1,000 people to stand in front of a building on a Saturday can't send the message that 50,000,000 have been sending for the past 30 days solid. When police departments are having to go on the news and complain about the lack of ammunition and guns and gun parts I think the message has been sent loud and clear.

Half a dozen states have bills to be introduced that will prohibit enforcement of Federal anti-gun laws. A dozen Sheriffs have held press conferences talking about their unwillingness to entertain new gun laws, including Charleston County's Sheriff.

There are more important things for people to do than slowly kill grass with their feet for a few hours.

THIS. Politics is about money. Money isn't a few thousand (or many thousand) folks standing around being pissed - see all the Occupy Wherever movements. What did they get? Cold, and occasionally arrested. What did the money (wall street) get? Every damn thing they wanted.

Money is American gun manufacturers propping up their state, not just local, economies. Money is dealers selling thousands, if not millions of new arms. Money is the highest numbers of CCW permits issued nationwide, ever.

On the other side, money is American ammo manufacturers charging whatever they want if cheap surplus becomes unavailable. Money is $300 lower receivers.

Citizens' United didn't start it, but it certainly helped the idea out. Politics caters to the money. See all the articles thinking Obama is presenting a weak front on gun control in order to get a deficit cliff deal he likes.

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
you know your thumbs up friend is a fa****t.

Absolutely unacceptable. Making statements like this is exactly what the Anti-Gun people want. Live and Let live libertarians like me get lumped in with bigots because of this. You should be honestly ashamed of yourself.