ATP Gun Prices

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone know if ATP is flexible on their prices? Thre are a few guns there that I am interested in but the prices are generally much higher than I can find online. I really want to spend my money locally but I don't want to try to haggle with them if their prices are fixed. East Coast has great prices but doesn't have the guns I'm looking for. Catch-22...Thanks for any info.

94formulabird

Well-Known Fanatic
From my understanding they don't negotiate and give you 1/3 of what ur gun is worth...sometimes decent prices on accessories but guns/ammo usually high...I would personally rather drive to Columbia and go to PSA

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic
ATP has negotiated in the past with me. They do around 10% I believe.

But east coast should be able to order you what you want at a predetermined price, or try Henry at HHB guns. He should be able to order as well. Just some ideas and these ideas support the sponsors on the forum. D&R gun smithing may be able to order as well.

Good luck

J
P-1

thehammer69

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, ATP will negotiate. The shop I have had no luck negotiating with is east coast. Twice now I went to east coast first and went down to ATP and received a better deal. Just my experience ...

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
Order what you want online and use a local dealer for the transfer. Ammo Dump & East Coast are my preferences. Trader world is not too bad, or at least they didn't used to be. ATP fees are outrageous, and they try to collect the sales tax on the whole transaction (see this thread for some other "issues" viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1990&p=12624&hilit=ATP%2C+sales+tax#p12624). I only use ATP if no one else has it on the shelf, and I can?t afford to wait (like when I broke my powder scale in the middle of a reload session and no one had one on the shelf, or when I needed a box of .303 and I wasn?t going to pay 12$ shipping for a box of ammo). There used to be a guy in the coast guard who ran strictly firearms transfers with his FFL, but that was a few years ago and I can?t remember the name of his business right now.

Now I have to give ATP a smidge of credit. Arlan has a higher advertising budget than everyone else, and he ends up on the news when someone want a gun stores perspective of something because of it. Also, because of that ATP will get second hand firearms from people who are cleaning out their attics and don't know muzzle from chamber. You can occasionally find firearms that you didn?t know you were looking for. But you will always pay a premium rate when dealing with ATP.

I like to go to ATP to fondle all the toys, and then order the ones I like from the dealer of my choice

Guitargene82

Fanatic
HHBGuns.com! He has the best fees, you can order from the big boy online stores (buds, impact, kygunco) and get it in as little as two days... Super easy, I like the lgs for handling, but brick and morter stores are not able to compete (generally). It's happening in all markets, kind of a shame...

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
I second Henry at HHB. Good guy, excellent price and great service.
For local shops I like ammo dump, east coast and trader world, although ammo dump has been winning lately, they're only 2 miles from my house :D

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
The Walther PK380 at ATP was about 80 dollars more than what they are locally, if they were to be found, since the bi-tone was really rare when I was in the market for it for my wife.

I will never buy another gun from ATP unless it's the last one for sale of the kind I have to buy. The place was so goddamned full of people you would have thought it's the only gun store in the U.S. The employee I talked to had NO CLUE about the gun and acted like I was the idiot for not knowing their store S.O.P. (stand here, wait here, meet me at the register, etc). That place was terrible. I give it a 1/10; only gets a point for getting my wife her pistol I otherwise couldn't find.

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Enjay,

I visited Ammo Dump this week and told them I heard about them here on the forum. (from you) I picked up a box of .38 Super from them for $19. Crazy low price. Good people and great prices. I live between Goose Creek and Moncks Corner...I just wished they were closer! Thanks for the tip..Jeff.

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
I get pretty conflicted about using online dealers, sure, the prices are good, but if we don't support our local shops, then they will cease to exist.

I'm kind of a die hard East Coaster, but the owner likes to stick to the basics and leans toward items that they will turn over. I think they have become more expensive over the years, but the staff keeps me loyal. I find that if you check in regularly, you can find a pretty great trade ins. They also back what they sell, and in my humble experience, Dale can do most anything, and if he can't, he knows exactly who can locally. I can't quote their transfer prices, but I've picked up 2 police trade ins from CDNN and sent them to East Coast with no problems and didn't feel the fee was unreasonable. They appreciate loyalty without doubt. They know I'll be back, so they work with me on cost when I try and negotiate. Granted, I only do it when I feel it's fair. I don't toss "Is that the best you can do?" on every transaction, I just want to pay what something is worth in the market place.