Help me get on a television show

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Man, I've been racking the brain on this alot.
Here is my question, are they internet brain dead? Social media brain dead? If they don't have a pretty good idea of who you are by looking at that, no resume is going to make squat

They are lazy! They want you to catch their attention. First it's in the application. When I applied for top shot I was asked 4-5 times during the interview process about one particular sentence I put in it.

Something to the effect of not letting those ;($$&@ get away with that sorta thing. I'd set the @&/$(& in their place straight away. When I was referring to the antics on past seasons.

Them they look at your 2-3 minute video. They want to see that your appearance is TV worthy. That could mean pretty like the ladies that make it or like me being so good looking and in shape that people think your gay.

Then the use the video to try to determine your true personality through all the BS you have fed them thus far. The casting producer watches every video and cuts it down to less than a minute of things he thinks the producers would want to see.

Then you get a free trip to LA to wow them with your charisma, good looks, charm, humor (who am i kidding i cant make it) or you could simply be the guy that's an asshole all the time.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
My Opinions... Only My opinions...

1. Are you a competitive person? How competitive?
Yes, Competitive enough to do what ever it takes to win...

2. Describe your history with marksmanship? How long have you been involved in shooting?
I hit what I aim at, Long enough to hit what I aim at.

3. What is your daily interaction with firearms? How often do you get to shoot/compete?
I live with them, more often then anyone else I know.

4. For whom or what would you be competing?
I will be competing to Win. What else is there?

Any special motivation for winning a televised shooting competition?
To see my name in lights. Isn't that why all the cool guys compete?

Seriously....
Have someone bring a video camera to the next OKCGC or USSA 3 gun match and get some video of you and the other Semi-pros in action, not on the course of fire, but in the background as the semi-pro wannabes are shooting. That conversation will get you on the show easier than anything else.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
I know a guy who got an interview with the Law school of his choice when he wrote that "he drives trucks for a living and shaves his legs." I think he just past the bar and still has time to ride competitively.

I suspect you will have to go all Matt McConaughey with the saving and scream when you see a spider, to get on TV.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
#3 "If I could marry my Benelli Shotgun. The wife would be gone in a minute!" "I dream all night about shooting, then I wake up and do it all day"
#4 "To prove to all the posers that I am the best!"

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
if it was me, i would answer question number 1 with....
I am competitive in everything i do, ask my wife, whenever we have sex i am always the one that comes first and in record time, then i jump up and yell "beat you again" as i walk away...

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an opportunity to get on a firearms based reality TV show. I need to fill out these questions for the application. Please help me fill them out. I would appreciate you making fun of me as well as making me sound like a complete arrogant dick. Those two things get you in these shows. This is gonna be comedy hour. Let's hear it.

1. Are you a competitive person? Does a bear sh!t in the woods How competitive? In 3-gun I carry a bayonet and slap the other homophobes on the cheeks just to get in there heads.
2. Describe your history with marksmanship? Lets put like this if I can't ride it I can shoot it. How long have you been involved in shooting? Lets just say when I was a baby I would reach in my diapher and place my hand on my glock.

3. What is your daily interaction with firearms? Well lets just say I still like to place my hand on my glock daily and work the action. How often do you get to shoot/compete? Everyday every weekend, I have fired so many loads that I have to were a strap on my forearm from tennis elbow.

4. For whom or what would you be competing? Beer of course loser always buys and all I do is win and drink beer. Any special motivation for winning a televised shooting competition? With all the money I would go to the strip club and the next morning i would buy a new doublewide.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Answer to the second part of question #3.

I compete as often as my wife actually lets me. I would compete more, but she wears the pants.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
4. For whom or what would you be competing? Any special motivation for winning a televised shooting competition?
As a man who has lived his whole life with a bi-curious desire. I would use my total domination on this show as a platform to help the gender confused kids of today. I remember when I was in highschool, I would come home from my last class, gym, and having just been in a locker room with a metric ton of tender sausage, I would put on my mom's bra and tuck my sack back, then dance the roger rabbit while listening to "Ice Ice Baby". I think helping today's kids sort out those kind of mixed up feelings would help in our world.
Also I would use the win to tell my wife on camera that I'm cheating on her again with her cousin Frank. That man rides a mustache like a boss.

This is just one idea. I can help you figure out the rest if you want.

jtischauser

4. For whom or what would you be competing? Any special motivation for winning a televised shooting competition?
As a man who has lived his whole life with a bi-curious desire. I would use my total domination on this show as a platform to help the gender confused kids of today. I remember when I was in highschool, I would come home from my last class, gym, and having just been in a locker room with a metric ton of tender sausage, I would put on my mom's bra and tuck my sack back, then dance the roger rabbit while listening to "Ice Ice Baby". I think helping today's kids sort out those kind of mixed up feelings would help in our world.
Also I would use the win to tell my wife on camera that I'm cheating on her again with her cousin Frank. That man rides a mustache like a boss.

That man rides a mustache like a boss? You sick f&$@! I love it!!!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

wow, you seem to have put a lot of thought into that

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'll give you 3 reasons why I'm the baddest mofo on the planet.

1. I rock these $300 jeans I bought at baby Gap every time I bang your sister.

2. My daddy is the man, the legend, the mustache, Mr weakhand himself; Kurt Miller.

3. Have you heard of Stag Arms? Yeah, thought so. There was no "Stag" until Jesse T arrived.

jtischauser

Well thanks for the help and wish me luck. I was notified this weekend that I am a finalist whatever that means. I'm not sure what I signed in terms of a confidentiality agreement so I'll keep the mame of the show under wraps for the time being.

Gotta go finish my background check now.

Thanks again for the advice!!!

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Well thanks for the help and wish me luck. I was notified this weekend that I am a finalist whatever that means. I'm not sure what I signed in terms of a confidentiality agreement so I'll keep the mame of the show under wraps for the time being.

Gotta go finish my background check now.

Thanks again for the advice!!!

nice, when do you hear whether you are on for sure??

Latest posts