Red Dirt Rimfire Challenge 2016 *CANCELLED*

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Oklahoma Red Dirt Rimfire
Spring Challenge 2016

WHAT IT IS:

This is the perfect match for you to try some friendly competition shooting with the .22 handgun and/or rifle you haven't shot since last year. It's a family friendly event, so bring out everyone!
.22 rimfire has returned to the shelves, so let's shoot some up!

The stages are easy, in and of themselves, but quite challenging when you try to shoot them as fast as you can! The match is as easy - or as hard - as you make it.

All stages have steel targets, so it's almost as much fun to watch as it is to shoot. Each stage will consist of 5 strings for time, tossing out the slowest run. Fastest overall time wins.

WHERE:

OKC Range on 50th Ave (directions will be sent upon paid entry)

WHEN:

April 30th at 9 AM

DIVISIONS:

Pistol - iron sights
Pistol - Optics (scope, red dot)
Rifle - iron sights
Rifle - Optics (scope, red dot)
Centerfire Pistol (possibly, depends on interest)

You can enter two divisions (2nd division at a discount) but you cannot enter the same division twice. To ensure a smooth running match, you may only enter two divisions.

If there's enough interest, we will add a centerfire pistol division.

EQUIPMENT:

A gun case, 200 rds, eye protection (including spectators) and ear protection.

To ensure a smooth running match, PLEASE COME TO THE LINE WITH 5 LOADED MAGAZINES HOLDING 10+ RDS EACH

Some stages will require 10 rds to complete each string.

All stages shot standing. Some short movement is required on one stage.

There will NOT be any required loading for any of the strings of fire.

NO TUBULAR MAGAZINES ALLOWED for safety reasons.

PRIZES:

Yes!! Awards will be given to Division winners and special categories like Top Lady, Top Junior, Top Senior (55), etc

Prizes will include at least one BRAND NEW .22 Rifle (minimum 20 entries required) and others will be awarded by RANDOM DRAW. You can be dead last and win a brand new rifle!

COST:

Single entry is $25, additional entry in another division is $15.

Junior Shooters (17 and younger) are $15 and $5

IF entries are still available on April 15th, then a 3rd division may be entered for only $10.

The SAME PERSON MUST SHOOT THE DIVISIONS ENTERED

ENTRIES AVAILABLE

60 - that means as few as 30 people each entering two divisions could fill up the match. Get your entry in early to secure your spot!

If you'd like to help sponsor this match, let me know!

Send your name, textable phone number, email, division(s) and entry fee to:

Red Dirt Rimfire
c/o David Elderton
P. O. Box 1911
Edmond, OK 73083

Questions? Ask them here or at [email protected]

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Terry Kendell (Old Gun) said:
WHERE:OKC Range on 50th Ave (directions will be sent upon paid entry)Where is range located?
Yeah, that threw me off too, seems weird.
Why is the range address a secret until you pay the money?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Guys, there's no intent to be secretive or coy regarding the range location. I don't know the actual street address and there are no address numbers there, anyway.

It's just that no one knows where it is and I didn't want to clutter up the match message by trying to also include directions to the range.

I thought saying "on 50th" and "OKC" would be enough to let folks know it's local, as well as let them know where it will NOT be.

I'm unable amend the match announcement in this thread, but any future announcements will provide a bit more detail regarding the location.

It's on 50th Avenue, 3/10th's of a mile east of Sooner on the north side. There is no sign and there is a locked cattle gate that looks like any other. This is an outdoor range that used to be the OKCPD Pistol range dating back to the 70's up thru, I think, the 90's. It's been refurbished and easily has the ability to host the match. I've already run a 9 stage 3-Gun match there with no problems.

Obviously, we will put out a sign and unlock the gate on Match Day.

I hope this answers any concerns about the range location.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't been to the Post Office for a few days, but went today.

ENTRIES ARE ALREADY COMING IN!

More than I expected! This may fill up faster than I thought, so make sure you get your entry in sooner rather than later.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Guys and gals, after a fast, early start, NO entries have been received for 4 weeks.

For this match to happen, we need to get more entries ASAP, due to the preparations needed. (Trophies made, gun(s) purchased, etc)

If you know you're going to shoot it, get that entry in!

Thanks in advance.

Rick S

Well-Known Fanatic
Can two people share the same pistol? I only have one pistol that will work for this match and would like to bring my wife. Also, how long does it last? Do we need to bring a cooler for lunches?
Thanks

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Absolutely! We can separate you in the shooting order so the second shooter is ready to go when called.

Length of the match depends on the number of participants, but it'll be few hours. I'd bring a cooker, myself.

There are no facilities, but if there are enough shooters, I'll rent a port-a-pottie

NightShade

Well-Known Fanatic
For anyone who is needing 22LR I would suggest stopping by Cabela's. They have some bulk boxes there though they are limiting the amount you can purchase in one shot to around 500 rounds if I remember correctly.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Dennis, I've not received it, but I've not been to the post office this week.

Here's what we are going to do:

11 entries need to be received by March 18th for this match to take place.

In full disclosure, that won't bring to participation rate high enough to offer a firearm as a prize, but there will be other prizes and trophies.

(IF there are 20+ entries by 3-31, we will offer a firearm as a random prize drawing)

But, first things first: let's get 11 more entries in!

I'll post how many entries are received between now and the 18th.

Sooner is better!

Rick S

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife said if there is no porta potty she is going to pee in your car. Just a heads up.

Latest posts