Red Dirt Rimfire Challenge 2016 *CANCELLED*

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Friday Post Office run results:

2 entries received!

9 more needed by the 18th

If you're going to send in your entry, please make a post in this thread stating that fact.

I'll know to look for it and others will see they're not the only ones thinking about shooting this fun match.

Rick S

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like a fun match! My wife and I are both going to shoot it. Hope she doesn't make me look too bad!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
The results are in.

Entries needed since last Friday: 9

Entries received since last Friday: ZERO

MATCH CANCELLED

The handful of entrants will have their uncashed check returned.

(Mods, please update the original post to reflect the cancelled status.)

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
There were 8 weeks to consider this match.

I was surprised by the extreme lack of "chatter" about the match, as well.

That, coupled with only 3 folks sending in entries during the entire 8 weeks indicates the interest simply isn't there.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'll be honest. The initial post of, I'm not giving out the address to the match until the money is in my hands, gave me an immediate warning sign. For that reason, I chose to not participate.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I gave the location "on 50th in OKC," so I don't know why anyone would think something was underhanded or being considered.

I explained the reasoning at length, so I don't know what else could've been done.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Tony, what's uncool about it?

It's not like it was a monthly Steel Challenge match hosted by a major gun club that bought ALL the required targets, scoring system, etc, for you, where it doesn't matter if 50 or 6-7 people show up.

Personal funds and resources were required for this match that needed 6 weeks minimum to set into motion. Prizes (guns) ordered and paid for in advance, trophies to order, porta potties arranged, etc, etc.
I'm not like everyone else where I have the ability to spend that kind of money and end up in the red because not enough people entered the match.

I posted a two week Heads Up with updates along the way about being in dire need of 11 more entries to make a minimum, else the match would be cancelled. Knowing that could mean just 4-6 people shooting more than one division, it seemed a low threshold. It was not.

Maybe someone with unlimited financial resources will step up put on a similar match and even post the range address along with GPS coordinates with a Google Earth pic to prevent any "warning signs" that might scare people away.

I hope someone does, because it would be a very fun match.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I thought it was pretty uncool that when Cyrwus sympathized with your cancelling & said he hadn't had time to consider it, you said "there were 8 weeks to consider it". Some people have bigger issues sometimes. I understand you're upset about having to cancel, but lashing out at people isn't helping your cause.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Tony, thanks for clearing that up. It certainly wasn't meant as a "lashing out" at my friend Mike. I know he's had a lot to deal with lately.

Let's try this:

Some people expressed interest in the match, but the scheduling didn't work out for them.

Mike may not have been the only one who needed more time to consider this match.

Some others may have been put off by the absence of a street address.

So I'm going to RESCHEDULE this match for JULY 30th

The match will happen, regardless of the number of entries. However, there still needs to be 20 entries for there to be a gun as a prize.

me and DE are cool. I have long since come to terms with his occasional malodorous lingual effluence.

Latest posts