Which 9mm

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
bigfutz said:
Tigerstripe said:
got another choice for you.

we were wanting to see the shield . academy didnt have it but they have a new Colt. the New Agent. shorter than an officers model in 9mm. womder if it comes in 45?

But the Colt New Agent is blatantly lacking one key element: sights. It has no sights. You can probably find another very similar model that can be used for more than spray and pray. It is available in 45 ACP.

it has the same rear sight as a ruger . its just a slot the length of the slide. probably not meant to shoot very far.

and its a Colt although it costs a grand.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
PCShogun said:
Any "Big Handed" fellow's held the Kahr CM9? Those short grips worry me. Son-in-law had a Glock 27 .40 compact and it tended to roll up on my hand as I could not get a firm grip with my last two fingers. Even with the added finger rest to the magazine, it tended to do this.

They have the Kahr CW9 which adds room for another finger, 7+1 vs 6+1. What my big hands (though not sausage fingers) noticed was the slim and narrow grip. These are at the opposite end of the spectrum from a Glock 21.

craigp

Well-Known Fanatic
I looked and shot all those on the original list. But also don't forget about the Beretta Nano. I ruled out the DB9, too many mixed reviews even though I was looking for a small compact 9 and it was really my favorite due to size, the reliability issues reported just led me away from it. After shooting the Kahr, Ruger, Nano and the Shield, I really liked the shield the best, had a great trigger feel BUT it's one of those where you put your name on the list and wait. I just don't play the waiting game real well plus I was looking for something for CC now. So after weighing all the pluses and minuses of the group I settled on the NANO. It has a similar look and feel of a Glock, had good reviews. My #2 choice would have been the LC9.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
I know a guy who just got on Lawmen's (NC) waiting list for a S&W Shield 9mm. Price $325. He's #61 on the list. They said it was the same with the Bodyguard. So I would conclude the marketing folks at S&W will continue to come up with cute names for their new products instead of using numbers eg 642 as in the past.

Jhall06

New Fanatic
I have a kahr cm9 best bang for your buck. The mags are 40 bucks for a single six round. The gun comes cheaper accessories get higher. Kahr is proud of their product. The springfield xds is in.45acp it is a damn good shooter to boot.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I am a lover of the Kahr line. I have had the CW9 mm and the CW .45. Both of them were great guns. The more you shoot them, the smoother they get..

They are well worth looking at for a carry piece.

Steve

Regulis7

Well-Known Fanatic
I have owned both the Kahr CM9 and KelTec PF9. I sold the Kahr and kept the KelTec as my sub compact carry gun.

Of the two guns the KT just feels better in my hand and this translates to me being more proficient and more accurate with it. The grip frame serrations on the Kahr CM9 would cause irritations in the web of my hand and on the middle finger after about 20 rounds or so in a single range session.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Choot-um said:
OK im going to get another small 9mm and I need some help deciding.
I see from another of your posts you have the coveted S&W M&P Shield 9, and you're wanting to trade it for a 380. Sorry that one didn't work out for you. Any closing remarks? I would like to pass any negative reviews along to my friends who are on Shield waitin lists. (Or maybe I will save those negative comments until they have the gun in hand.)

Choot-um

Well-Known Fanatic
I have nothing negative to say about the Shield. Everything about it is great, the only reason it is up for grabs is that its my wifes and its alittle big for her to carry properly, so shes been leaving it at home and we all know how good a gun is at home in the safe. Im trying to get her something smaller but she still wants a manual saftey which really slims down the options. If I could afford to keep the Shield and still get her a new gun trust me I would. Ive owned a few Kahrs, the LC9, PF9, P11 and the DB9 and the Shield is by far the best in my opinion.

RoundCounter

New Fanatic
i like my sheild over the xd I had. I have shot a buddies glock before and liked it ok. I picked up the shield at the fun show a few weeks ago.