It's Been A Tough Few Weeks For Me Fellas

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I truly feel for you as I have been there. You've made it past the hardest part in my opinion, getting willing to give him to God. We as humans tend to be selfish when this time comes around. My dad had an aneurism in his abdomen and only lasted 8 days in the ICU. I wasn't with him when he died and it hurt. You wouldn't believe all the "I wish I had done this or that" moments I've had since. He passed away on December 3rd, 1980 at 61 years old. I was 22. You have a very precious memory to talk about even if it's with yourself, and you will. I lost my brother February 6th, 1991. Again, I arrived afterward. I was blessed to be with my mother when she passed away on October 19, 2007. She had been just barely hanging on for a couple of days and her nurse told me that she might be waiting for me to tell her it was OK to go. That was the hardest thing I ever done, but I finally got willing to let her go and I told her. She hung on a few more hours and all of a sudden the heart monitor started slowing down and she left. It was very peaceful. I'm the last man standing of my family and it still gets lonely sometimes. That's when I have to open up the chest of memories in my mind and take some out and look at them for a while and put them back until next time. They say time heals all wounds. The only thing they can't tell you is how much time it will take. But just like me you have the rest of your life to heal if it takes it. I truly wish you only the best my friend.
Thank-you very much for that heartfelt response. I wish you peace, comfort, and all the best too.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I'm sorry to learn about the passing of your father and the way you feel right now.

I hope and trust that you will find your way - no, it will never be the same. It's okay to take time, mourn, and feel lost, and my heart aches for you as you go through this pain.

I often look at this clip from a movie (if you can get past the actor's politics), and it brings me a little comfort. I hope it helps - but more importantly, know everyone here is thinking of you and your family.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'm sorry to learn about the passing of your father and the way you feel right now.

I hope and trust that you will find your way - no, it will never be the same. It's okay to take time, mourn, and feel lost, and my heart aches for you as you go through this pain.

I often look at this clip from a movie (if you can get past the actor's politics), and it brings me a little comfort. I hope it helps - but more importantly, know everyone here is thinking of you and your family.

Thank-you very much.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

I could only hope I could some day be a friend like his friend is.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Great talking to you, @CECannonJr on the phone! I'm always here anytime you need to talk. Been there, done that. It's rough, believe me. Here's a sentimental YouTube video of me and my dad's old tacklebox from the 60's & 70's when we always went fishing together.

It was a pleasure speaking with you today @ButchA

It's was good for me to speak to you about the pain of losing my Dad, as you are someone who knows exactly what I'm experiencing right now. Your offer to talk to me about it and then our conversation were easily among the nicest things I have ever encountered.

Hey, what else would I expect from a fellow 1911 fanatic?

SCARPETTA

New Fanatic
I have a veterans memorial to my Dad in my front yard. It is the exact replica of the one in town.
Many families pay tribute & omage to their relatives like this.
Most of all the electrical poles & lamp posts have the memorial banners hanging from them.
I say a little prayer & talk to my Dad's spirit more now than ever.

A great tribute to my dad and all the other vets. My empathy alongside of sympathy for your Father's passing. One of the most memorable parts of Life is the end of it.

BIGDAVE101

Well-Known Fanatic
Mom died 5 years ago, no tears.... dad died 2 years ago, no tears... we are not responsible for lots of what we get in life... but what you do with it is on us. Bitter or better is totally your choice.... choose life...