Run.Hide.Fight

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
This is a video produced by the City of Houston on what to do in the event of an active shooter. Kind of a public service announcement. Do you think it covers the options adequately? Remember most people aren't trained in any kind of self-defense. I see more of these coming in the near future. I actually think they have some merit

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I think its vaulable. Gives food for thought, and something to refer to.... just saddens me security is the first one shot...

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
It was done very well and provides good information.

I like how they showed the front door was posted no firearms. When will the Liberals ever realize the bad guys don't follow the rules, so no CCW holders can defend themselves other than by improvised weapons if it came to that.

I could see that type of video being adopted by companies as part of employee orientation and risk safety classes.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
It's too bad concealed carry wasn't addressed, but at least there was weak-hand loading. This video seems like a decent public service announcement.

TroyF

TheBearcat
I like the video. Been aware of it for a few weeks. Pretty ballsy of a mayor to put the effort into this.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Both sides lower their guns, eyes meeting in a look of mutual understanding and respect.

Burk holsters his pistol, Active Shooter sets down his shotgun

(Cue Berlin's "Take My Breath Away")

(the rest is a loose adaptation of this scene from Top Gun

Close, but it really ends with a stare down between he and I with me giving him a teeth-click thingie ala' Iceman

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I like the video. Been aware of it for a few weeks. Pretty ballsy of a mayor to put the effort into this.

I think we are going to show it to our whole company. Then i am going to take down those stupid "no guns" signs on the doors. I don't know where they came from but they gotta go. Not that they matter because none of my friends ever de-gun when they come to my office. :D

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the fact that they didn't put a political view into it. Door sign showing no weapons; run, hide, fight; cops are not there to treat the wounded.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I liked the fact that they showed the door sign as well. Since this was filmed in TX, the door sign designates a place that is off-limits statutorily (aka killing zone).

Another thing that wasn't "funny" but I thought was interesting was when they said to try to help as many people as you can but "don't let them slow you down". I understand the point they were making but it seemed kind of harsh.

Guy escaping shooter: "come on Tess, we have to get out of here"
Tess: "My gout is acting up and it really hurts to walk"
Guy escaping shooter: "see ya"