Shotguns Photos

dennishoddy

Those are pretty! My dad had a vintage Sweet 16 when I was learning to shoot. I would sneak it out when he wasn't home. I stretched the stick climbing a fence once. I'll never forget the day he saw the scratch! I always line the 16 because if the cool black and purple shells. Plus it was the only auto in the safe.
How many whacks across the arse did you get when he saw the scratch? :(

My favorite gun photo of all time. I was getting ready to go bird hunting with Gunner, and got out the Sweet 16. Leaned it up on the chair, and Gunner made dammed sure I wasn't going without him.
He is my best buddy besides my wife. ;)

DSC00916.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
How many whacks across the arse did you get when he saw the scratch? :(

My favorite gun photo of all time. I was getting ready to go bird hunting with Gunner, and got out the Sweet 16. Leaned it up on the chair, and Gunner made dammed sure I wasn't going without him.
He is my best buddy besides my wife. ;)

DSC00916.jpg

Man you're breaking my heart now! We had a Brittany Spaniel growing up too. She loved to hunt. Dad had her trained for pheasants and partridge. I taught her to hunt squirrels, chipmunks, and anything that was close by. She loved the 16 more than I did. She was the best dog I've ever had. We were in the woods together everyday.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I don't have any of the tacticool shotguns, but the thread is show your shotguns.
I'm more into the sporting side of shotguns.

1946 model Sweet 16, unfired when bought two years ago. Quite a story behind it.

P1010260.jpg

Weatherby Althena D'Italia, Grade II:
P8150005.jpg

P8150007.jpg

P8150008.jpg

German Merkel. I need to get a better pic of this gun.

birdhunt.jpg

Enough for now.
Beautiful Weatherby.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I hate it when I stretch the stick climbing a fence

Those are pretty! My dad had a vintage Sweet 16 when I was learning to shoot. I would sneak it out when he wasn't home. I stratched the stock climbing a fence once. I'll never forget the day he saw the scratch! I always line the 16 because if the cool black and purple shells. Plus it was the only auto in the safe.

dennishoddy

Man you're breaking my heart now! We had a Brittany Spaniel growing up too. She loved to hunt. Dad had her trained for pheasants and partridge. I taught her to hunt squirrels, chipmunks, and anything that was close by. She loved the 16 more than I did. She was the best dog I've ever had. We were in the woods together everyday.

Britts have been known as a poachers dog, for the very reason you said. They will hunt anything including waterfowl, upland, etc. He will stay on point for 20 minutes on a fresh gopher mound, waiting on the critter to surface. He can smell their tunnels under the ground, He will dig into one, and then dig a foot away. In that distance he can tell the direction they are moving, and focus in for the kill. The kill usually involves me having to fill in a ton of dug up tunnels :rolleyes: But hey! He's a hunting breed ;)

Gunner is with me every waking moment I'm home. He is curled up on the foot of my recliner as we speak. Get a gun out, and he goes ballistic. Get a gun out and leave him home, he pouts like a kid that got picked last for a dodge ball game.
Cold nights, he gets to stay in the house, and he lays up next to me on the bed. He is almost human sometimes. :D

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
viewer.php
[/URL][/img]

48280745835775216507.jpg
[/URL][/img]
I bet no one else has a Harrington and Richardson 401 Tactical Shotgun.

18.5 inches, Uncle Mikes shotshell sock, Uncle Mikes Swivels, yard sale sling. About $100 (this shotgun showed up in a 3 way trade a few years back)

Any contestants who would like to play will be greeted with 2 chances of #6, followed by 3, #2 Buckshot Remington sporting loads.

DutchWrangler

Well-Known Fanatic
My two HD shotties... Mossberg 500 and Stoeger Double Defense I bought today without the silly rail below the barrels (second photo shows the rail before removal).

Picture150.jpg

Picture135.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just bought this for home defense. I may have to thread that barrel and run it in 3 gun too. :lol:

ldp4570

Well-Known Fanatic
My two HD shotties... Mossberg 500 and Stoeger Double Defense I bought today without the silly rail below the barrels (second photo shows the rail before removal).

Picture150.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Very similar to mine, except both are in 20Ga. Due to my injuries from Iraq to my neck, even with the best semi-auto's, and recoil pads, my neck can't stand the abuse. My Mossberg is a youth model and I added a slip on Limbsaver to give me a full 13"LOP, and the SXS is already at 13"LOP and weighs more than the Mossberg. So 3-Gun is out of the picture for me unless Mossberg builds the 930 in a 20Ga. Besides I don't think I could shoot that many rounds with out needing my pain meds, something I hate to take, plus I don't have an uber-cool AR, just a plain 20" standard rifle A2 like I carried in the US Army.

Latest posts